Your home is only as strong as its foundation. This is why homeowners need to look for signs of damage to their foundation. Water damage and rodent tunneling can cause the foundation to become weak and may cause mold in your home. At HighBridge Construction, we have an accredited team of experts who handle foundation repair, from waterproofing to sealing up cracks. They can evaluate the foundation around the house and report any problems. Our licensed experts are able to identify any issues and offer foundation repair solutions.
Seasonal foundation repair will also protect your home and basement from flooding and water damage. With Highbridge Construction you can hire our periodic services before the rainy season to ensure that all repairs are made, giving you a solid foundation to weather the rains through. Please call us for a free inspection and estimate for any repairs that may be necessary.
Signs of Foundation Damage Homeowners Need to Look for:
- Outside cracks. These can grow and develop leaks.
- Moisture. An odd smell or visible signs of mildew or mold are sure signs of a breach in the waterproof membrane.
- Crumbling. Concrete that has started to crumble will eventually give way under pressure.
- Interior cracks. If you notice cracks in the sheetrock or drywall, it could mean a larger problem. The foundation regularly contracts and expands with temperatures or shifting backfill. Once moisture finds a way to the interior, it does not stop.
- Water stains. If you have noticed water stains either by the baseboards, or near the ceiling, there could be a problem between the basement footings and foundation wall, or between the foundation and basement wall. In either event, this needs to be corrected quickly.
- Basement floor. If you see some change in the slope or level of the basement floor, like a dip where there wasn’t one before, this indicates a serious problem with the slab, walls and footings.
With our foundation repair experts, these problems can be detected and repaired early on to prevent any significant damage from occuring.