A solid foundation is the basis for a solid home. If you have noticed cracks, spots, or discoloration, it would probably be a good idea to have a professional inspect the area.
At HighBridge we have a team of waterproofing experts. They are able to review the foundation around the house and report any problems. Our licensed experts are able to identify any issues and offer solutions. Please callus for a free inspection and estimate for any repairs that may e necessary.
There are a number of things to be on the alert for:
- Outside cracks. These can only grow and develop leaks.
- Moisture. An odd smell or visible signs of mildew or mold are sure signs of a breach in the waterproof membrane.
- Crumbling. Concrete that has started to crumble will eventually give way under pressure.
- Interior cracks. If you notice cracks in the sheetrock or drywall, it could mean a larger problem. The foundation regularly contracts and expands with temperatures or shifting backfill. Once moisture finds a way to the interior, it does not stop.
- Water stains. If you have noticed water stains either by the baseboards, or near the ceiling, there could be a problem between the basement footings and foundation wall, or between the foundation and basement wall. In either event, this needs to be corrected quickly.
- Basement floor. If you see some change in the slope or level of the basement floor, like a dip where there wasn’t one before, this indicates a serious problem with the slab, walls and footings.
These are things that an expert inspection can detect and solve to keep your home solid