Organizing the Changes
If you fell in love with an older home, you probably came to the conclusion that some changes will eventually need to be made either through a renovation or an upgrade or repairs.
Some people will start by simply changing the wall colours and accent pieces. Changing the décor does not necessarily improve the overall appearance nor will it help with improving the function of the rooms or space in general.
HighBridge is a respected home improvement company in Ottawa. When you do your research you will find our reputation is one of the best in the city. We understand how to make a small room larger or how to use colour and accents to make a dark area brighter. It is important to spend your remodel money wisely and here are some ideas:
Start with a list of what you want to add and what you want to remove. That will give you some idea of the amount of money to invest in the renovation. Check with home improvement contractors for their ideas on how you can start without them.
- Move the television to a wall mount to allow more floor space
- What else can go onto a wall? Shelving can make an area more usable.
- Store your favourite cookbooks in a single drawer or upright on a cabinet shelf.
- Install pegs where you can hang dishtowels, aprons, or other small items.
- Group similar items into a single area.
- Choose a shower stall with built in shelving for shampoo, soap, etc.
- Change out a commode
- Retile the walls or floors
- Use bins for small items like hair dryers
Working with a professional renovation company will give you many ideas of ways that you can stay within your budget and still get the house that you want.